Monday, November 8, 2010

Song Therapy

I swear I listened to this CD on repeat for the entire 6 hour drive from Chicago back to Columbus this morning. This first song sums up perfectly how I've been feeling lately. Nothing like some song therapy.




 "2 Atoms in a Molecule"
Noah and the Whale

Last night, I had a dream
We were inseparably entwined
Like a piece of rope made out of two pieces of vine
Held together, holding each other
With no one else in mind
Like two atoms in a molecule
Inseparably combined

But then I woke from the dream
To realize I was alone
A tragic event, I must admit
But let's not be overblown
I'm not trying to write a love song
Just a sad, pathetic moan
And maybe I just need change
Maybe I just need a new cologne

But now I look at love
Like being stabbed in the heart
You torture each other from day to day
And then one day you part
Most of the time it's misery
But there's some joy at the start
And for that, I'd say it's worth it
Just use a blade that's short and sharp on me

Oh if love is just a game
Then how come it's no fun?
If love is just a game
How come I've never won?
I guess maybe it's possible I might be playing it wrong
And that's why every time I roll the dice
I always come undone



And please check out "5 Years Time" by Noah and the Whale as well. It's how optimistic I want to feel.

Oh, well, in five years time we could be walking round the zoo
With the sun shining down in every me and you

And there’ll be love in the bodys of the elephants tool
I’ll put my hands of your eyes, but you pick throught

And there’ll be sun, sun, sun
All over our bodys.
And sun, sun, sun
I’ll die in next
There’ll be sun, sun, sun
All over our faces
And sun, sun, sun
So, what the hell

‘cause i’ll be laughing around your silly little jokes
And we’ll be laughing about how we use to smoke
All those stupid little cigarretes and drinks to put wine
‘cause it’s what we need to have good times

But it was fun, fun, fun
When we were drinking.
It was fun, fun, fun
When we were drunk
And it was fun, fun, fun
When we were laughing
It was fun, fun, fun
Oh, it was fun.

Oh, well, i look while you’re saying: “it’s the happiest that i’ve ever been”
And i’ll say: “i love to feel that i have to be james dean”
And you say: “yeah, and i feel a pretty happy too, and i’m always pretty happy when i’m just thinking about with you”

And will be love, love, love
Love throught our bodys.
Love, love, love
All throught our minds
And will be love, love, love
All over her face
And love, love, love
All over our minds.

And i’ll remember all these moments suggesting my head
I’ll be thinking about then and there’s lying in bed
And i know that you believe that might not keeping come through
But in my mind i’m having a pretty time with you

Five years time
I might not know it
Five years time
We might not speak
And five years time
We might not care about
Five years time
We might to prove it along

Oh, there’ll be love, love, love
Wherever you go
There’ll be love, love, love



I think I needed those 6 hours in the car with that CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment