Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Illustration Rally

I just spent an hour going through the list of "IR Artists" and "We Adore" section of Illustration Rally. They have some really great artists featured, including some that I already follow and love. 

It's going to be an illustration rally around here too. After not getting an internship I was hoping for I'm just going to have to continue on and keep creating work on my own (not that that would have stopped if I had gotten it, but it would have been nice to be getting that experience.) I was asked to do a list of about 240(!) icon/symbols that go along with the poem illustrations. These will be placed above words that kindergartners aren't expected to know yet, like "animal" and "cupcake".  I'm really looking forward to doing these! Talk about lots to do.

Unfortunately, this week has been all about work. And not the fun kind. I haven't had much time for any illustration aside from the poem illustrations that I've been working on. Here's a sample from the last set.


Chips and Salsa


Marching Ants


Sid and Lin

I'm hoping to get some more work done on my new website this week plus get most of a portrait commission finished. Time to get pumped up and get some work done! Now where is that caffeine!

No comments:

Post a Comment