Saturday, October 9, 2010

Work, Anniversaries, and other stuff

So this week has been yet another week with crazy working. I got a second set of poem illustrations to do and pay-the-bills-work I haven't had a lot of doing my own work. I've had a lot more ideas rummaging through my head - note cards, small monster canvas', postcards, calendar?, new website! So much! I've got one more poem illustration then I'm done with that set and I can send out the invoice and get paid! Hopefully someday soon I can afford to quit my pay-the-bills-work because I'll be able to pay the bills without it.

On that note, I did send in a couple resumes the other day. One for an internship (that I REALLY want, and one for a junior design position). I hope I hear from them soon - I sent them on Friday night so I'm not expecting anything till later this week. Either way, I'm going to make some postcards to send out my work to potential clients.

Tomorrow is a new day and it's going to be a busy one! My grandparents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. 50TH! Can you believe that? My grandma got married when she was only 16 and my grandpa was only 18. I can't imagine being with someone for that long. I'm so happy for them. Plus the party is going to be fantastic. We're going on the Queen Lorena Stern-wheeler in Zanesville (where I grew up) for dinner and fun.


After some thought I've decided that this year I'm going to buy all my Christmas presents for my female recipients from sellers on Etsy. Mostly just my female friends just because a majority of the sellers/buyers from Etsy are female and they market to other females. I'm going to try to buy for everyone from there - there are some really great geek gifts and most of my friends, male and female, are pretty geeky. Anyways,  I really want to be supportive of artists, like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment