Friday, August 27, 2010

Wedding Bells!


Today includes my roommates getting hitched. That's right, after this TONIGHT I will be living with a married couple. I know to most people that seems a bit strange, and it is, but it's going to be great! 1) They're getting lots of awesome stuff that I get to use (ie. a new bath rug and shower curtain, plus all the new kitchen appliances/nifty things a person could dream of. 2) Daniel mows the lawn and is our mr.fix it guy. 3) I'm just happy for them in general. So for they're wedding present I bought them a houseplant that could go in their room. Not super original but I didn't want to get something that I would use all the time too and it's what I could afford. However, to make that gift less lame I created this mixed media piece. 

Here's a shot of it after all the newspaper has been attached and paint applied. 

 
These next shots are the final product and a close up of the figures. 


In addition to this, I just dropped off some more work at A Gal Named Cinda Lou. Tonight is the Fourth Friday Festival in Westerville with the theme "the Dog Days of Summer" so all dogs (on leashes of course) are welcome to come out and check out all the shops and vendors that will be out.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift! Congratulations to your roommates. I hope it's an amazing wedding.

    ReplyDelete