Monday, January 31, 2011

Wedding Invites

It's funny how life works out sometimes. This year was supposed to be quiet and steady. A year to get all my ducks (or chickens?) in a row so to speak. Well let's just say that's not how it's worked out. Throughout all the changes lots of good has come as well. Just when I finished my last commission and wasn't sure where to go next one of my favorite professor's from college contacted me. He wants me to do his wedding invitations and other little pieces for his wedding in July. So not only am I gaining a great portfolio piece, I'm doing a piece that I've always wanted to make (maybe it's a girl thing, but I always thought designing wedding invites would be cool. I love getting that personal touch in a formal piece).




 Yes, there will be chickens in the piece. They'll be featured in a much more contemporary/less obvious way than what I have in the above sketch, but it's fun to draw chickens.


I'm super excited to be able to use Igloo Letterpress for the printing. Be sure to check their work here, they make beautiful pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment